I recently read a book written by Napolean Hill titled ” Outwitting The Devil“. Napolean Hill has written other classics such as ” Think and Grow Rich”. In ” Outwitting The Devil ” Napolean Hill interviews the Devil himself. The Devil speaks of his methods for taking over peoples minds and turning them into drifters. In this interview Napolean Hill tricks the Devil to share what someone must do to protect themselves from becoming drifters:
Protection against Drifting Methods
1. Do your own thinking on all occasions.
2. Decide definitely what you want from life then create a plan for attaining it and be willing to sacrifice everything else if necessary, rather than accepting permanent defeat.
3. Analyze temporary defeat no matter of what nature or cause and extract from it the seed of an equivalent advantage.
4. Be willing to render useful service equivalent to the value of all material things you demand of life, and render the service first.
5. Recognize that your brain is a receiving set that can be attuned to receive communication from the universal storehouse of infinite intelligence to help you transmute your desires into their physical equivalent.
6. Recognize that your greatest asset is time. The only thing accept the power of thought which you own outright and the one thing that can be shaped into whatever material things you want. Budget your time so none of it is wasted.
7. Recognize the truth that fear generally is a filler, with which the devil occupies the unused portion of your mind. That it is only a state of mind which you can control by filling the space it occupies with faith in your ability to make life provide you with whatever you demand of it.
8. When you pray do not beg, demand what you want and insist apron getting exactly that with no substitutes.
9. Recognize that life is a cruel task master and that either you master it or it masters you. There is no half way or compromise point, never accept from life anything you do not want, If that which you do not want is temporarily forced apron you, you can refuse in your own mind to accept it and it will make way for the thing you do want.
10. Remember that your dominating thoughts attract through a definite law of nature by the shortest and most convenient route there physical counter part. Be careful which thoughts you dwell apoun.
Simple Formula combining all 10 points in 1: Be definite in everything you do any never leave unfinished thoughts in the mind. Form the habit of reaching definite decisions on all subjects.
Yours in Mastery,
James K Larson